Monday, March 15, 2010

fur, paisleys, and chandeliers are some of my fav things

California houses and their layouts make no sense at all whatsoever.. Actually, there is alot about Cali in itself that does'nt make any sense, but that's another blog for another day!:) Back to my house, somebody asked me the other day how many bedrooms do you have. I answered 3 bedrooms, 3 bath and 4 living rooms!!!!!!!!!???????? I mean really,,,, most california homes go like this. You walk through the door, there's a room to the right, there's a room to the left, you walk down the hall a couple of feet, and there is your real living room/kitchen if it's like ours and u become confused cause you remember just passing 2 rooms that could be living rooms????????????????????. Then we walk up the stairs and there is another room besides the bedrooms and bathrooms. The problem with all these rooms are they are wide open and most of the time the size is an issue. We are'nt formal people at all, so no need to have a formal dining room, their are only 3 of us, so need to have more than 1 living room. So, while i'm kinda re-doing each room, mainly moving things from this room to that room with a fresh coat of paint and that kind of stuff, I become frustrated with the arrangement of our house... I hate spreading out, ryan having his own office, me having my own for I have no idea why, but we have the extra room so why the heck not, Micah has her own huge loft playroom, and there is still a wide empty room that sits alone with just a rocking chair. Oh and don't forget about Micah's room of course there are toys in there too........AND NOW MICAH HAS ANOTHER PLAY AREA, becauuuuuuse:) a 12x14 room just isn't enough apparently. Another common feature of the newer 2 story cali homes is the huge upside down L shaped closet downstairs. Ours has always sat pretty empty and Micah likes to go in there and first of all walks straight into the ledge that sticks out, comes out screaming and then returns to her normal happy self and says "mom, pshhh" (u know the whispering come here kind of "pshhh".) and she loves to tell me secrets in there and always asks if she can nap in there and all that fun stuff. I love the color red although it's nowhere to be found in my house now that I look around,, humm weird:)  I actuallly don't even like to wear red anything, it looks horrible on me. Not sure why I like red, but I do. I had a red kitchen years ago thinking it would make me want to spend more time in there slaving over hot meals for my family:), but after a while I felt like my walls were screaming at me and they were going to attack me. Seriously, it's kinda over stimulating maybe....but anyhow, me and my love for lots of fabric all over the walls drove ourselves to joanne's and found some cute RED and pink paisley material and RED fur trim. Found wall decals for 70% off... HALLELUJAH FOR CLEARANCE!!!! Used Micah's chandelier from her very first room and Daddy gave the room a face with this wood, I threw a few coats of a pale pink paint I found for cheap cheap:))) and threw together a little secret place for Micah and her friends. Pulled down some of her dress up baskets from her playroom and jewelry boxes and now we have this:))))

No comments:

Post a Comment