Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Your the devil"

I have one brother, Derrick and we are 22 months apart. He's older:) We were not together every day growing up because he lived with our precious Grandpa and Grandma and I went back and forth from their house to my mom and step dad's place. Big mistake, HUGE mistake on my part I must say:)
 I have absolutely admired and adored my brother since I can remember.  I never ever wanted to be apart from him. He made me feel safe, he kept me cracking up all the time, he protected me when strange men at amusement parks tried to pick me up:) played the weirdest foot game with me which he probably does'nt remember:), and he urged my now husband to make a move the minute after I ended another relationship!!!!!!! ohhhh and I can't forget all the time spent in the backyard playing cowboys and indians or cop and robber,, ohhhhhhhhh or the time when he wanted to tie me up around the tree and I did'nt want to be tied to the tree, so he threw his rifle at me, straight on the right side of my forehead. Aww I remember that day well, Grandma came running out with her good ole house shoe:) sat me on the couch with a rag to soak up all the blood. and while laying there in pain, I heard my brother get the worst spanking of his life!!!!!!!!!! So, i laid there applying pressure on the wound and just smiled:)))
If you know me well, u know that I am pretty much obsessed with him. I once asked him, "Derrick, if I was'nt your sister, would u want to marry me?????" " cause I would totally want to marry you".... I'm still waiting for an answer actually:)))))
  I am so overwhelmed with emotions when I think of my brother and our life together as 2 kids who did'nt have the whole mom and dad thing going for us. My brother probably without knowing absolutely filled the many empty parts in my heart in so many ways. He's so much more than a brother to me. Besides my husband of course, I can with all my heart say he is my best friend, he's that "no matter what" person. No matter what happens, no matter what I've done, no matter what is done, no matter how unfair and ugly things are he never sways, He is always strong and confident, encouraging, supportive, understanding, compassionate, accepting and an incredible man of God-he is always there.
Tomorrow, he and his wife Vanessa will be welcoming their first baby, Jamisen into this beautiful world. My heart is ready to burst for them because I know what is in store for them. They have so much love and laughter to give, Jamisen is one blessed little girl to get to grow up with my brother as her Daddy!!!!!!!

Derrick- There are not many days that go by that I don't think of you, miss you, miss your big butt dancing,  miss laughing with you. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have a brother like you and I just want you to know I love you and wish nothing but God's best on you this new year.
xox
I was 14 months and Derrick was 3 years old...


Look at him placing his hand on my cheek and givin me kisses:)))) March 1979

Sept. 1979.. I was 20 months and Derrick was almost 3 and a half.. again he wanted to hold my hand:))

me, Derrick, Janae and Blake with our Uncle Larry... This face is totally my brother's laugh still today!!

Easter of 1982,, I think.... hahha I get this face more NOW as an adult when I say something inappropriately:))))

and I don't expect anybody else to think this is funny, but one of my best memories was seeing this skit with Derrick and we both thought it was soooooooo funny... and just laughed forever....and this was where we started saying "your the devil"

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!!! All brothers & sisters should have a bond like that! You are one lucky girl =)

    ReplyDelete